Friday, July 22, 2011

Life Cycle of a Blogger-Stage TWO: Blogs are fun but I totally don't get some stuff...



6. I see OTHER cool looking blogs on the "above mentioned subscribed to" blog (okay...it was Rachel's....). There are some CLEVER blog names out there! Interesting.. but no need for ME to have one at all-it doesn't even cross my mind to start one.

7. Friends begin taking polls on better names for their blogs. Hmmm...still don't get why it matters??? I will vote...I will participate and give my measly two cents.

8. More subscriptions to blogs.... lots and lots of blogs.... funny blogs. Lots of DIY blogs-so creative and helpful and inspirational. But most are Photography blogs-moms taking pictures and knowing a lot about the art/technique of photography (insert whatever topic instead of photography-probably about the same process). Also blogs of moms in the trenches giving funny/honest accounts of life with kids and being at home or working or whatever is going on. I feel connected to some of these people-we have some common experiences...they are so articulate and honest about the hard parts of being a mom. I admire this and feel some creativity begin to bubble up in me.

9. Blog friends talk about trying to get more readers. They want more people to subscribe. I read a LOT of blogs and love reading them and looking at the photos, etc.. I hardly ever comment though. I sometimes even talk to the computer about the posts-it seems more like stalker behavior to POST on their blog-I don't really want them to know that I live for the updates on these people that I have never met (most of them anyway!). I do subscribe though.

10. Contest? Linky? Post a button/link back? Make a NEW banner? Make a new button? Huh???? Giveaways? Where is the glossary? I will figure it out by looking at all my blogger peeps to see what the heck this stuff is all about. I thought that they just wanted to keep an online diary!


Stage three to come.... can you wait? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment