Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dr. Seuss' Birthday and a Book Discussion

So much for Google Friend Connect bailing... ha! I do think it will happen at some point..too much talk about it for it to be purely rumor. Today is Dr. Seuss' birthday and elementary schools celebrate him and reading in general on this day. My daughter and her friend were wearing these hats when they came in so I had them pose with my teammate who wears thematic ties to honor the special days.


Today was our first literature circle/book discussion for this round of historical fiction books. I love the book groups-kids get to talk about what they read and they are so fun to listen to. They have prepared some "thick questions" and identified a favorite part of what they read-all helping them have something to discuss! Of course..when I saw those shoes in that formation..I had to snap... I had my ISO up in the "insanely high" zone.. ICK. 



No comments:

Post a Comment