Friday, April 13, 2012

Reunited

Shhhh..my seemingly outgoing and confident daughter is pretty shy in some ways. One way is with her friends who live across the street. They used to play like CRAZY. They have not played for awhile and I don't know exactly what happened. What I do know is, that J would wait for them to knock on our door and she would feel too shy to knock on theirs. They stopped knocking. I had been pressuring lovingly encouraging her to knock on their door again-they had soooo much fun together and they would run around a lot, etc.. She suggested that I go there and ask if I could take some photos of the kids for my class and then they could play with J. They said they were going somewhere. During our dinnertime, the doorbell rang... Yesssss... After dinner, they played and played just like old times. She felt proud of herself (even though I am the one who technically knocked on the door and initiated it all...). Friends in the 'hood are GREAT to have for kids!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment