Thursday, January 9, 2014

Visiting Arlington National Cemetery-first visit.

What a trip we had... we went to Washington DC to bury my granddad. The entire family came and it was an amazing experience. Warning-LARGE amount of photos to come.. I have most processed but will see how many groups I can do tonight before I sack out!

The first full day there, we got together with my cousin from my dad's side, Maryellen and her hubs Randy. Both worked at the CIA and know the city like the back of their hands. They were eager to be our tour guides which was a win-win situation. It was really fun to catch up with them and to have such personalized tours!


 Entrance to the cemetery. We went to see my Aunt Doris and Uncle Bill, as well as Grandma Betty and where my granddad will be buried on Wednesday.





I have a thing for trees....


 


 Blurry since I had to snap quickly to try and get the fox that is running across.....



 Edward Kennedy Grave....

 Uncle Bill

 Aunt Doris (my dad's sister)...


 
Going to dinner at this awesome place called Range. In the uniquely lit mall before dinner..

No comments:

Post a Comment