Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I learned....

In the short time that I have been doing photography, I have learned: 
-finding the right light is EVERYTHING
-Overexpose according to the meter a smidge..
-Take a LOT of shots of the same thing from many different angles and perspectives
-Keep my camera with me at all times.
-I can learn complicated stuff, even with my busy schedule and with irons in lots of fires!


Taken April 10, 2011 in Manual Mode:


 Taken June 23 in Manual Mode:


Click it Up a Notch

10 comments:

  1. Both photos are great but I love the styling in the second pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first photo!. . I also agree with everything you said you learnt.so true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I like about your second shot is that you've added so much context. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first picture is pretty... but the second shot is amazing. You have learned SO much SO FAST! Incredible work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your now shot, you've really learnt to see the light. I love the warm light and tones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture is so good, I want to live in that house! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's fun to learn and you've learned so much! Both of these are great shots! -)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great thoughts, Heidi! The composition of the second photo is simply lovely. I really like how beauty is brought into the work parts of life through it. I'd feel inspired in my work if I had those Gerberas staring at me in the meantime:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the lighting in your second pic is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Look at your beautiful light in the second shot!! You also told a great story with the second one!! Look at your growth in just a few months!! Can't wait to see where you will be in a year!!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete