Monday, August 29, 2011

POTD Day 149: summer sunset

Whew! We made it through day one of all day workshops... it is a harsh reality to have to get up at the crack of dawn and sit in meetings all day... I love my colleagues and most of the info was useful but man, that cuts into my napping schedule and my "drink wine on the porch in the evening" schedule too! Then we had open house where the new set of cherubs come in to meet the teacher and see the classroom and whatnot. I had a great turnout-18 out of 28 kids showed up (lots of people are still on vacation up until the very moment they go back to school!). And then we have the former students that come back-I love that but it was hard to chat with them when I wanted to focus on my new recruits. All that, and my girl came back from being out on the boat with her grandpa so she got to bug the heck out of hang with her new teacher for a good chunk of Open House. My classroom is ready and I am pretty much planned so...give me Wednesday to rest up again and then... "BRING IT!"...


5 comments:

  1. Such a lovely picture! Sounds like you had a DAY :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one good thing about getting up so early... you see skies like the one you captured! Gorgeous! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK! I think I need more sleep. For some reason when I read this last night I thought it was sunrise... probably 'cause you were talking about "get(ting) up at the crack of dawn". Still gorgeous!! =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is totally fine Gretchen-I do that kind of thing periodically as well!!! I got the supportiveness of your post.... thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete